"The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today is Christians who acknowledge Jesus with their lips Then walk out the door and deny him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable."
It seems to me that being Christian today can be extremely hard. I am not living like I should. I feel bad every moment of the day. Its like I cant show my face, because if they knew - well then I wouldn't be accepted. As I am reading Blue Like Jazz, I find it so interesting how the church he attends doesn't focus on that. They focus on what Jesus did - which is LOVING people. Not judging. Like it says, "As you judge, so will you be judged." I think that Christians have stepped away from that focus. Instead of focusing on loving and caring for others we are so focused on the politics of it all. What makes me even mad is how people say, Well God says this and that. I find it so confusing at times. Didn't Jesus say, their are only two commandments to live by: Love your God with all your heart & mind, and Love your neighbor as yourself.
I think we as a whole have really stepped away from that. I just wish that I could find a church that wasn't so focused on the politics, and instead of loving, caring, sharing with others how Jesus lived. Please pray for me that I can find a church home. Thanks!
Sunday, July 22, 2007
Posted by SpiritualButterfly517 at 4:14 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment