"Everything comes from God alone. Everything lives by his power, and everything is for his glory" -Romans 11:36 Today I read Chapter 7 of The Purpose Driven Life, and was utterly amazed. Amazed how they said The ultimate goal of the universe is to show the glory of God.
We can do that by many things, it even discussed them. I know that we can glorify him in everything we do. By being kind to others, worshiping God, loving other believers, becoming like Christ, serving others, and especially letting others know about our Father. I think I can do several, and I know that God is leading me so that I can tell others about Christ. I have to not be nervous or afraid, just let God use me. I definately want to go to evangelism classes. Hopefully when I get back on the day shift I can do that.
Another awesome point in the book is that this is the chapter that leads people to Christ. It asks Who are you going to live for? Yourself or God? I definately want to live my life for Christ and fullfill my purpose for Him. Not for me. Because like chapter 6 said, this is not my home!!!! Its so wonderful, because this chapter also talks about believeing in Christ, receiving Jesus in our life, and discovering and starting to live for God!!! I know so many who have read this book and have accepted Christ in their hearts! That is awesome!!!!!!
I hope yall don't mind but I wanted to add the Thinking About My Purpose, for those who haven't read the book at the end of each chapter it has a thinking about my purpose. I really recommend everyone pick up this book! They have them everywhere!
The Point to Ponder: It's all for Him.
Verse to Remember: "For everything comes from God alone. Everything lives by his power, and everything is for his glory." -Romans 11:36
Question to Consider: Where in my daily routine can I become more aware of God's glory?
For the question I would definately say at the workplace. It is so hard to remember to live Christ-like when you have someone yelling in your ear. I would also say when I get home, I really want to read more of the Bible. I want to make sure that I pray more as well. Just being in God's presence and speaking to him, its wonderful....I want more of that!!! Take care and God Bless!!!!
Tuesday, February 22, 2005
The Reason for Everything
Posted by SpiritualButterfly517 at 12:36 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment