BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, March 08, 2009

Love your enemies.

I headed to church today thinking, I cannot wait to get there. A friend had been telling me about a series that the church was going through called The Six Degrees of Separation from God. The end of the series was today on hate.

I listened intently as the pastor let us know that when Jesus said to "Love your neighbor", He wasn't just talking about those who love or like us. We need to give love to everyone. It reminded me of a song that I heard a long time ago. The chorus is simple... Just Give Love To All.

We should pray for our enemies, as well as those who love us. When we pray for them, our heart grows, and we become more Christ-like. All this hate that we have in our hearts will just eat away at our soul. I know I haven't been praying for those who have hurt me. I know that I haven't been wishing but ugly things to those I don't like. Today.... I'm changed. I will pray for those I love, and especially those who I dislike. I want to be the person God wants me to be. Today is a new journey. I am so thankful for His grace.

God bless!

0 comments: