I have been starting to read my Bible more and more and I have decided to start at the very beginning. I was reading my Bible today and fell across this verse:
"Let us make people in our image to be like ourselves. They will be masters over all life-the fish in the sea, the birds in the sky, and all the livestock, wild animals, and small children."
"So God created people in his own image;
God patterned them after himself;
male and female he created them." - Genesis 1: 26-27
I have been feeling pretty self-conscience lately. Maybe it is due to this extra tire around my waist, but I haven't been saying the best things about myself. I read this verse and there was a devotional beside it in my Bible. It said,
"Knowing that we are created in God's image and share many of his characteristics provides a solid basis for self-worth. Human worth is not based on possessions, achievements, physical attractiveness, or public acclaim. Instead, it is the basis on being made in God's image. Because we bear God's image we can feel positive about ourselves. Criticizing and downgrading ourselves is criticizing what God has made and the abilities he has given us. Knowing that you are a person of worth helps you love God, know him personally, and make a valuable contribution to those around you."
Now, isn't that saying something! I need to remember that I am created in God's image...and that is BEAUTIFUL!
Wednesday, March 25, 2009
In God's Image
Posted by SpiritualButterfly517 at 5:55 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment